Acrylic painting of Oxford’s Carfax Tower showing Oxford Tour bus and shoppers.
St Martin's Tower, popularly called "Carfax Tower", is on the northwest corner of Carfax. It is all that remains of the 12th-century St Martin's Church and is now owned by Oxford City Council. It was the official City Church of Oxford, where the Mayor and Corporation were expected to worship, between about 1122 and 1896, when the main part of the church was demolished to make more room for road traffic. In 1896 the City Church was moved to All Saints Church in the High Street.
The tower is 74 feet (23 m) tall
More information about Carfax Tower can be found here